Saturday, April 19, 2008

How did he/you propose?

Tyler/Chelsea:

He proposed to me on a Saturday. At the beginning of the week he told me that his roommate really wanted to take this girl on a date and he had a really cool game planned that involved blindfolds. I thought ‘sweet, sounds like a fun game already.’ I was pumped. We had gotten my ring a few weeks prior, She knew that I had the ring, so the trick was to make it a surprise.but he told me that he wasn’t going to be able to give it to me for a month because he had something really big planned. I dropped hints that it was going to take a few weeks so she wouldn’t be expecting anything soon. I wasn’t very eager to wait that long, but I trusted Tyler knew what he was talking about. Earlier that day, I could tell that something was wrong with him, because he wasn’t acting like his normal self. He told me that he was feeling kind of sick (or rather nervous). The date began with five couples. We all made pizzas and ate them and then played some games. After a while, they decided it was time for “the game.” For the final game, we blind folded the girls so she would have no idea where we were going or what we were doing. So the guys blindfolded all of the girls with neck-ties and we all got in our separate cars. However, Tyler and I were the only ones that were going to be playing this “game.” I drove to the secret destination (but we were the only couple that had a super secret destination). He drove us to Park Discovery. (where we had our first date) I had no idea where we were until he told me to take off my blindfold. He handed me a dozen red roses, got down on one knee, and said some beautiful things that I hardly remember, because I was so in shock. I got on one knee and told her that six months ago we went on a date to this park that changed my life and she has changed my life every day since and asked her if she would marry me. I was so surprised and so happy. She pulled me up and said “oh my gosh! You’re crazy!” and gave me a huge hug. He put the ring on my finger. We embraced, I cried. About five minutes later (after the shock had worn off a little bit), I asked her if she had a chance to think about that question I asked five minutes before. Then, she said yes. It was beautiful, and I’ll never forget it.


No comments:

Your Deepest Congratulations!

Countdown to Wedded Bliss