Saturday, April 19, 2008

How did we meet?

Chelsea/Tyler:

I met him when I moved into the basement of a house where he lived right upstairs from me. Chels was living in the basement apartment of the house where I was living. I knew him during the first of the semester as my ‘nice’ upstairs neighbor. I always really enjoyed being with him, but didn’t think much of it for a while. One night I offered to make her and her roommates’ quesadillas. We played the guitar and talked for a few hours. After spending quite a bit of time with him, I thought he probably liked me, but I tried to avoid the topic. I wasn’t looking for a relationship and didn’t know what to expect with Tyler. I wasn’t sure if I liked him. I realized that he was one of the best friends I’d ever had. When he asked me out on our first date, he asked my roommate out for the very next night. I thought that was tacky … A few weeks later I asked her out on our first date, (a candle light dinner from a fast food restaurant) We went to Park Discovery and had a candle light dinner of Taco Tuesday tacos. He tied our wrists together for the entire evening. Just to make sure she was hooked, I tied our wrists together. It was kind of awkward, but not really, because I felt so comfortable around Tyler. I’ve always felt really comfortable around him. At Park Discovery, there is this place that we sat and talked a long time, and we’ve gone back to that spot several times. I couldn’t believe how easy it was to talk to her, we went to the park and talked for I’m sure what seemed like minutes was actually hours. One of my favorite parts of that date, was at the end, when we were walking back to the car, Tyler and I had a water fight in the sprinklers. (Remember, our wrists were still tied together). We were trying to get each other wet and Tyler completely won. Throughout the next few weeks, we spent a lot of late nights talking, and I realized that she was an amazing person. Since then, Tyler has continued to make our courtship really fun and meaningful. I found that I couldn’t wait to tell her about my day and hear every detail about hers.

No comments:

Your Deepest Congratulations!

Countdown to Wedded Bliss